Wednesday 10 November 2010

S de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer

Let me introduce you to one of my favourite perfumes - S de Scherrer.

From the design house of Jean-Louis Scherrer (pronounced "She-Rer") S de Scherrer was launched in 2002. This perfume is completely underrated.

S de Scherrer was one of the fragrances that started my perfume obsession - one reason why I don't use it enough as I have so many on rotation now. However, it is a very special fragrance & has a special place in my fragrance wardrobe.

I found this special scent on a perfume hunt about 4 years ago. I had grown tired of wearing the same perfume & went looking for another signature fragrance. I intended on only buying Joop! Femme, a perfume I was already familiar with but had never owned.

The SA (as they do) talked me into trying this and 3 others on different places on my arm. I walked around the mall for an hour smelling all 4 fragrances periodically. S de Scherrer was not a fragrance I would have thought of trying, but the notes really hooked me, it was so pretty. I immediately went back & grabbed it.

Here are the notes:

Top Notes: Pepper, Bergamot
Middle Notes: Lily-of-the-valley, tiare flower, rose
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla

S de Scherrer is a subtle & elegant fragrance. As soon as you spray it on your skin you can detect a hint of Pepper - not too strong - with Bergamot. The Middle notes do not take too long to follow - all 3 flowers mingle & for some reason smell a little like Pear to me. Finally once Base notes come out the perfume mellows with the Vanilla & Patchouli pulling all of the notes together. This is not a perfume with a stand-out note, they are all working together as a team here.

For me, S de Scherrer lies close to the skin however I've been told it has a hit of silliage. It lasts all day on me.

Where to wear S de Scherrer?

I find that this is one of the most versatile fragrances in my collection. It's perfect for work, formal OR casual occasions, a night out with friends or romantic interludes.

Speaking of romantic interludes, my OH (other half) doesn't seem to comment on this one but he doesn't usually.

Would I repurchase?

Yes! I already have a couple of backups as S de Scherrer very hard to find in Australia now. It can be found online however.

If you get the chance to try this fragrance out, definitely give it a go. It's unique & very very pretty. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment